OTL201 Post 2

• describe the ways in which your introductory post should have enhanced social presence in a course that you teach,
  • identify at least one improvement that you might make in light of what you know about social presence since completing your first post, and
  • describe how your thinking about social presence has changed since your first post.

By adding a voice introduction, photo of self, and of something that is of importance to me, I am engaging with students in a way that allows them to see a glimmer into me as a person and not just a robot behind the screen.

I think there is a lot more I could have added to the first post and knew that while I was doing it.  I could have said more than “hello my name is Candice” and actually provided a brief introduction of who I am, maybe shared something about the other photos and my passions and why I am eager to learn and teach.

I don’t think my thinking has changed much about social presence since my first post as I knew I was giving the bare minimum even though a stronger social presence will hopefully result in student connection and engagement.  For this particular task, I was  initially thinking it was to practice uploading media/photos vs. actually providing a more thorough introduction.   I also am not sure at this point “who” can actually view this blog besides the instructor and others taking the course therefore, a little apprehensive about what I am sharing.